We’re Here

To Help You Achieve More

Financial Resources

As experienced and dedicated CPAs, we understand that financial stability can seem complicated to achieve. When you work with Compton CPA Group, P.C. in Neosho, MO, we make it easy for you to focus on your business or personal financial affairs by taking care of the mundane financial tasks.

We offer exceptional assistance for tax preparation, financial statement development, bookkeeping, and more. No one was born to understand financial information, but it is easier to learn than most people think.
Please ask as many questions as you like and view our resources below for guidance.

Reference Links

The following reference links and calculators will provide you with helpful information and rough estimates. If you are looking for numbers you can rely on, please call us for assistance. We do not endorse any business or product you may find as a result of these links.

Frequently Asked Questions

How much do you charge?

The fee for tax preparation depends on the complexity of the return being prepared, the time it takes us to prepare it, and the number of forms that are included in your return.  Our minimum fee for an Individual 1040 Federal and State Tax Return for Tax Year 2022 is $275. For an estimate on our other services such as business tax preparation, payroll and bookkeeping services, and general tax consulting, please call or email us.  

How can I get documents to you?

We offer a secure, online tax portal for our clients to send us their tax documents or other information we may need. You may also drop items off during normal business hours or securely email them to info@comptoncpagroup.com.

Can you respond to IRS, state notices or audit requests on my behalf?

Yes, please get us any notices received as soon as possible for review.

What other services do you offer?

Please see our services offered tab on our website.

Are my stimulus checks taxable?

No, they are not taxable to you. The stimulus payments were an advance payment of the Recovery Rebate Credit in tax years 2020 and 2021. If you did not receive your stimulus checks, please contact us for information on how we may help you to receive them.

I started a new business. Can you prepare my business tax return?

Yes, depending on how you’ve structured your business, your business taxes may be reported as part of your personal tax return. If you’re a sole proprietor or single member LLC, your business is reported on Schedule C of Form 1040 on your personal tax return. That return is due April 15th each year.

If you’re a multi member LLC, made an S election or are a S or C corporation, your business has a separate filing requirement from your personal tax return. Partnership and S-Corporation tax returns are due March 15th each year and must be filed before you can file your personal tax return. C-Corporation tax returns are due April 15th.

I started a new business. Do I need to make estimated tax payments?

Most likely yes. As a self-employed person, you are required to make estimated tax payments towards your federal and state estimated tax. The payments are due quarterly on April 15th, June 15th, September 15th, and January 15th.

You may need to make payments every quarter or only some quarters depending on how well your business is doing. Our staff can work with you to ensure that you are paying estimated payments that will keep you penalty proof for the next tax year.

I haven’t filed tax returns in several years. Can you help me get them filed so I am compliant with the IRS and state?

Yes, we will review the last tax return filed and provide you with an estimate for each year that needs to be filed. If you don’t have your tax documents to file these returns, we will need to pull IRS transcripts for those years to help gather the information that will be needed to file the returns.

I sold my personal residence and received a 1099-S. Will I have to pay taxes on any profit?

You may be eligible to claim an exclusion on your tax return if you have owned and lived in your home for longer than 2 years. Please be sure to include the 1099-S received when selling your home when we file your tax return so that we can alert the IRS to this exclusion.


“The most professional, caring, and organized CPA in the area. The office staff and Mr. Compton go above and beyond to assist me and ensure things are squared away. He is the best in the business. Wouldn’t even think about using someone else.”

Andrew B.

“Mike Compton is one of the best accountants you will ever meet. Down to earth, highly competent and very knowledgeable when it comes to taxes. I try to refer everyone I can his way. You won’t be disappointed.”

Jonathan B.

“Efficient, trustworthy and meticulous every time!”

Amy W.

 Tax Tips

Client Update Newsletter

Article Library

Contact us at 417-451-2932 if you have any questions or need guidance on strategies to reduce your taxes.

Compton CPA Group, P.C.
112 N Wood Street
Neosho, MO 64850



Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM